Thursday, November 12, 2009

Still just a little girl . . .

So I'm sitting in my random spot I always sit in at MUN while I wait for business class to start, and I'm listening to RK. (Relient K) <-- MY LOVE. Check out there new song, " Forget and Not Slow Down", you will not be disappointed. Anyway, I'm sitting here and I realize, why do we worry. Its so silly, Its the last thing the Lord wants us to do. He is in control. If we make sure that our thoughts,actions, words and motives are all steering us down God's path, everything will fall into place. So if we are going to concern ourselves with anything, we should concern ourselves with trying to reflect as much of Christ as possible. Making every thought, action, word, and motive, a step forward in his purposeful path. We need to focus on that, not trying to figure the details of tomorrow out ourselves. If we focus on being Christ-like, and delighting ourselves in him daily, his desires for our lives will become our own desires. He will give us all we need for today, and when tomorrow comes, he will give us all we need to know for tomorrow. It is kind of like this. If you asked me for directions to drive to BC, I could tell you all in one big conversation how to get there and that could be that. But, don't you think, you'd be on your journey and maybe get lost, not being able to remember each right turn to take, or when to go straight... It would be so much easier if I said, "Well I'm leaving tomorrow, Why don't you just follow me". I know how to get there, so if you just keep my tail lights in view, everything will be okay. Now I know some points on our journey you will have no idea where you are, and you will have no idea where we are going next, but if you trust me and keep an eye on my indicators, you'll know just where to turn, and which direction to go. Just trust me.... Thats a lot like our relationship with God. Sometimes We have no idea where we are in life, and no idea where we are going next, but if we keep ourselves close to him, and focus on him, we will pick up on his indicators, and know which direction to go, even if it is only a second before the decision has to be made to go either left or right, we will know. Just let yourself be A CHILD OF GOD. Children don't understand everything, they are just learning how to live, and what their needs are for survival. They are learning the basics; rest, hunger, food, thirst,water, and love. Lets go back to the basics with God and let ourselves simply be a child of God, not his mature adult. Resting in him, having a hunger and thirst for his presence in our lives, and love. Love God, and love each other. Children are in awe of their parents and the things their parents teach them. Everyday they learn something new and discover something they never knew before. Lets get back to that place of awe and wonder in God. Mathew 18:1 says "Unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter my kingdom" .

Just be his child today.

2 comments:

  1. Guys I'll be posting daily bits of truth, so stay tuned ! If you'd like a certain topic to come up, email me : ) ashleybonnell@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really liked this ! it's so true and really assuring.
    yer rocking !
    xo

    ReplyDelete